Zoho SMTP Setup
email, zoho, open-media-vault
This is very useful to send automated emails with a custom domain, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org - my notifications email I get things like Open Media Vault SMTP notifications and, eventually, client notifications if they need to interact with tobydevlin.com services.
The first step of this tutorial is to set up a Zoho email, potentially with a custom domain, by following this page.
- You'll need an email user, I did this by adding a new user in the admin screen. Provide it with a password and log in with as the new user (or do this with your main user)
- Head to the "My Account" page then the security > app passwords page.
- Create a new App Password and make a note of it.
- Now you can set up an SMTP connection using the SMTP details that Zoho provides.
These boil down to:
- Outgoing Server Name: smtp.zoho.eu
- Port: 587
- Security Type: TLS
- Username: '<your mail address>'
- Password: The app password you noted earlier
Here is the example from Open Media Vault: